Whoever said that “Accessories can either make or break an outfit” knows what they were talking about. I believe that accessories are the key in creating different looks for the same pieces of clothing. You can wear the exact same tee shirt and jeans numerous times but look different every time by pairing it with different accessories. Wear them with a pair of sneakers and a hat for a casual look or you could wear a leather jacket over the shirt and put your favorite pair of boots on for an edgier look; the possibilities are endless.
Last Thursday morning, I knew that we will be driving off to Great Wolf Lodge (to celebrate my son’s birthday) as soon as we get off work that afternoon so I planned my outfit accordingly. I chose a striped tulip dress and paired it with the right accessories so I can wear it both in the office and during the drive.
I cinched the dress with a black belt and wore a black jacket over it, paired it with an orange professional looking tote and my nude heels for a more polished look.
I want a laid back look while traveling because I know I’ll be busy making sure the kids are well-rested and entertained so I need to be able to move freely. With these in mind, I ditched the black belt and jacket, used a more casual belt, threw my straw hat on, put my black sandals on, and grabbed my large fuchsia tote to keep all my essentials (including my daughter’s favorite Minnie Mouse stuffed toy) in one place.
Dress: Gap | similar
Jacket: Express | similar
Orange Tote: Mulberry | exact (different color)
Heels: Sam Edelman | exact
Fuchsia Tote: Kate Spade | similar
Straw Hat: Banana Republic | similar
Sandals: Payless ShoeSource | similar
Shop my current favorite accessories below.
Express Pave Diamond Hook Bracelet | Banana Republic Riviera Y Necklace | Express Gem Stretch Back Belt | Express Geo Print 3-in-1 Convertible Vest | The Limited Leopard Printed Infinity Scarf | Banana Republic Eugenia Kim Bianca Fedora | Louis Vuitton Eva Clutch | Express Turnlock Crossbody Bag | Aldo Bluemoon Tote
What are your favorite accessories that transform your outfits? I’d love to hear about them.
This post was chosen by Independent Fashion Bloggers for their weekly blog roundup, Links à la Mode!
Links à la Mode, October 6th
- A Blonde’s Moment: Rainy Daze
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: What’s in my Ipsy September 2016 Glam Bag!
- Concreteislandista: The Fashion Minded Pop Up Shop
- Elements of Ellis: Grid Print Top
- Fashion Footprint: Blacky Black
- Finite1: How to Mix and Match Fall Colors: Jewel Tone Colors
- Jazmin Racquel: Suede Mini Skirt for Fall
- Lady Diana’s Pearls: Cozy Plaid Scarf
- Living After Midnite: Makeup Monday: Metallic Berry Fall Makeup
- Middle of Somewhere: The Weekly Style Edit Link Up: Fringe
- Milk White Moon: Denim and Pink
- Modavracha: The Circle Bag Trend
- Musings of a Shopaholic Mama: Fall Floral: How to Wear 3 Ways
- My Golden Beauty: The Perfect Peplum Blouse for Fall
- One Awesome Momma: From Work to Weekend
- Petite Silver Vixen: How to Wear Black and White without Looking Boring
- Style with Nihan: Radical Stripes
- The Chic Machine: Product Review: Glossier’s Super Serums
- The Classy Junk: 7 Easy to Thrift Pieces to Enhance Your Autumn Wardrobe
- Wish and Wear: Best Supporting Acts