Chambray shirts are one of the most versatile piece of clothing you’ll ever own. It works with almost anything and you’ll get to use it all year long because they can be worn in any season, and that’s what I love about it; it’s so practical to own one. Which is why I am not surprised to see almost everyone rocking one.
There are just so many ways you can style your chambray shirt; you can wear it over a maxi dress or wear it over a swimsuit, and the list goes on. That said, I’ve decided to do a multi-part fashion post on the different ways you can wear one and I’ll be featuring my favorite ones that are appropriate during fall/winter.
Denim on denim – I decided to kick off this series by featuring the denim-on-denim look. You’ll usually see women pairing light chambray shirts with dark-washed jeans, or dark shirts paired with light-washed jeans. Those aren’t the only ways you can wear your chambray shirt with a denim though. You can pair your chambray shirts with bright-colored jeans or even floral jeans for a more fun look.
Today, you can see that pairing dark chambray shirt with dark-washed jeans also works. The key is to find at least a shade darker or a shade lighter than your jeans so they don’t exactly match. I had so much fun during our little shoot because my kids and I get to wear matching outfits. Yes, I love it when we wear watching clothes; we did a matching Stripes and Denim a few months ago.
Note: I may receive commissions from clicks or purchases made through links in this post.
Shirt: Express | similar
Jeans: Express | similar
Boots: Payless Shoe Source | similar
Shirt: Baby Gap | exact
Jeans: Gymboree | similar
Boots: Keds | exact
Shirt: Chicco | similar
Jeans: Carter’s | similar
Sneakers: Nike | similar
Shop my favorite chambray shirts below.
Let me know what you think of this outfit. You know I always love to hear from you.
This post was chosen by Independent Fashion Bloggers for their weekly blog roundup, Links à la Mode!
Links à la Mode, November 17th
- April was Here: Thanksgiving Outfit Idea: Floral Dress
- Cammeo Head to Toe: CH2T Covets: Holiday Edition
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: October 2016 Empties
- Cover Mum: Breton Stripes… Bien sûr!
- Distinguished Diva: On Beauty by Zadie Smith
- Fancier’s World: How to Wear a Bodycon Dress Without a Flat Stomach
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: 16 Ways to Wear Booties
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: All About the Accessories
- In a Nutshell: Lady V London Pink Flamingo Madison Dress in Paradise!
- I’m a Norbyah: Insert Brand Here
- Les Assorties’: Introducing: Matter
- Lil Miss Bianca: How to Start a Conversation Using Fashion
- Lucy Van Dean: Trends and Personal Style
- Mon-Chic Style: Rocking the Punk Style
- One Awesome Momma: 4 Ways to Wear Chambray Shirt
- Pudding Monster: Do Snail Products Really Work?
- Smile is it: Burgundy and Stripes
- Style Splash: Matalan Floral Print Dress
- Tori Dany Designs: Black Jackets for All Seasons
- Wish and Wear: Accidental Trans-Seasonal Dressing
Linking up with Being Zhenya | Walking in Memphis in High Heels | I do Declaire | Two Peas in a Blog | Classy Yet Trendy | The Pleated Poppy | Sydney Fashion Hunter | Doused in Pink | Living in Color | Mom with Style | Shelbee on the Edge