These pictures were actually taken 2 weeks ago when it was a bit chilly in the morning but warm in the afternoon, so this blue Trapeze dress that I bought when I was pregnant with my daughter (see what other “tricks” I did so I didn’t have to wear maternity clothes here) is just perfect for that kind of weather. I’ve worn it with a scarf to take care of the morning chill, then removed it in the afternoon when the temperature had risen to 80s. Even though it has long sleeves, the fact that this dress is so light and flowy makes it very comfortable to wear even in that temperature.
One thing I love about trapeze dresses is the fact that you can wear them all-year long. You can wear this in the summer if you’re mostly going to stay indoors like in a mall or office (if you’re always cold like me); if you’re going out, then you can simply roll the sleeves up. In the winter, you can wear it with an over-sized cardigan, a tights underneath, and a pair of tall boots; don’t forget to grab your winter coat on the way out, and you’re good to go.
Note: I may receive commissions from clicks or purchases made through links in this post.
Shop my favorite trapeze dresses below:
Leith Crepe Trapeze Dress | Karen Kane Trapeze Dress | Garnet Hill Knit Trapeze Dress | Bamboo Fiber T-shirt Dress | Iconic Luxe Long Sleeves Trapeze Swing Dress | Grace Elements Knit Trapeze Dress | Express Cut-Out Trapeze Choker Dress
This post was chosen by Independent Fashion Bloggers for their weekly blog roundup, Links à la Mode!
Links à la Mode, October 20th
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: What’s in My September 2016 Secret Garden Glossybox
- Chiconomical: Quirk Pop
- Couture Crush: Couture Crushin: Wild Mantle Hooded Scarves
- Cover Mum: Embroidered Jeans
- Crisscross Style Boss: Fall Shoe Trends to Try
- Elements of Ellis: Tiger Denim Jacket
- Everest Says: How to Take Your Own OOTD Pictures
- Everyday Starlet: The Best Drugstore Mascaras | Try On & Review
- Goldwill Digger: Denim on Denim
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Seasonally Confused
- Layers of Chic: The Secret to Dressing Like a Boss Lady
- Les Assorties: Fashion Tech Insights: Tagwalk
- Living After Midnight: Leather & Florals
- Middle of Somewhere: The Weekly Style Edit Link Up: Bomber Jackets
- One Awesome Momma: Flowing into Fall
- Style Pith: NSAD Preparation: The Work That Goes Into Grooming For Women
- The House Blend: Punk Rock Presence
- This Season’s Gold: Giving Back // Fall Fashion for Philanthropy
- What 2 Wear Where: Hilary’s Thigh High Boots
- Wish and Wear: Breaking the Pattern
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy | Sydney Fashion Hunter | Walking in Memphis in High Heels | Being Zhenya | Shelbee On The Edge | Living On Cloud Nine | Jersey Girl Texan Heart | Living in Color | The Red Closet Diary