12 Oct My First Ever Liebster Award
Yay for my first award ever! Thank you to Dannan of AsTrue for nominating me; you’re so sweet and it absolutely made my day. Please check out her blog at AsTrue; Dannan shares all things related to toddler, beauty and lifestyle in general that make her days better and easier. Sounds interesting, right?
Now, I’d like to apologize for the delay in posting this; things have been crazy busy for the past few weeks but I am hoping to be able to catch up on everything by next week, if not this week.
For those of you who haven’t heard what a Liebster Award is, it is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. You can read more about it here.
Now, here are some rules (for those of you who’d choose to accept it, you can check out the official rules here):
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Provide the rules of the award
- Answer the 11 questions posed by the nominator
- Provide 11 different questions to be answered by your nominees
- Nominate 5-11 blogs
- Give 10 random facts about yourself (optional)
Questions & Answers
- What inspired you to start a blog? – It was my love of fashion and the life lessons that I keep learning as I live my life; I figured they might be helpful to others.
- How long have you been blogging? – I’ve been blogging since July of 2016.
- Which camera/phone do you use to take most of your blogging pictures? – I use my phone iPhone 7+ to take most of my pictures.
- What are the places you like to shop? – I like to shop at Express, Amazon, Carter’s, Gymboree, Aldo, Nordstrom, and Macy’s. I rarely go to the mall though, I mostly do all my shopping online.
- Are you more into beauty or fashion? – I’d say both but nowadays, it’s fashion.
- How do you engage with your readers? – I make sure that I reply to each and every comment and not just thank them for their sweet words; I always reply back with an answer to a question they asked or acknowledge what they have said.
- What are the top apps on your phone? – Instagram, Facebook, and Viber.
- What music do you like? – I like anything that my kids and I can dance to.
- What is your favorite traveling destination? – I love both beach and the city; beach because of how relaxing it always is, and city because I love to explore.
- Must haves in your purse? – Phone, Vaseline, car keys, wallet, charger, and snacks for the kids.
- What have you learned since you first started blogging that you’d like to share with someone who is about to start a blog? – I learned that the blogging community is huge; everyone is very nice, helpful, and supportive; make friends with them and learn from them.
- Mommy in Leggings
- Emily Bogner
- Countdown to Friday
- Poppy Mayy
- Falon Loves Life
- Tabitha Lane
- A Touch of Grace
- Adventures With Nico
- Epic Family Trips
- The Forever Teacher
To my nominees, should you choose to accept the award, here are my questions:
- What motivated you to start blogging?
- What do you love most about it?
- Other than blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
- Out of all the countries/places you have visited, which one did you like most?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you cold travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What was your dream job growing up?
- Describe your “perfect” day.
- What’s the most invaluable tip that you could share for new bloggers?